Posted to uk.d-i-y
TonyK TonyK is offline

Default Chainsaws...

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
I need to buy a chainsaw, wondered if the collective had any
thoughts on the STIHL brand? (I'm looking at the MS210 model
if that makes any difference)

This is just for cutting logs & stuff for home use, nothing much
more. I already have a little B&D electric one, but it's not much use
in the middle of a wood. It's also a bit old and really needs a new
chain (cheaper than a new saw, but since I need something a bit more
portable...)

Cheers,

Gordon

STIHL or Husqvarna. Both are excellent, I've got lots of bits by both inc.
chainsaws and probably flip a coin to choose. Might be worth looking for
something a bit more powerful to give you flexibility and easy of use but
they can get very expensive when you go above 40cc.