Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Fischer Tim Fischer is offline

Default over-the-range microwave good idea?

"djenkins6" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a Goldstar and it has worked perfectly for 8 years. We use it
several times a day but I'm always nervous taking out hot dishes
because of the height, it's just asking for trouble, I'm surpised they
are allowed.

I don't understand all the "it's too high" comments. Granted I"m fairly
tall, but my wife isn't, and she loves ours, as does my mom hers.

Before microwaves were common, many folks had those little heating ovens
that went over the range in the same location...

I'm almost wondering if some people mount theres a lot higher than ours is.
Ours is underneath a set of small cabinets. There used to be a standard
range hood there before I put the micro in... It probalby sits 18" or so
above the stove top to the bottom of the micro...

-Tim