Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Service upgrade without telling the power company

"John Grabowski" wrote in message
It was foolish of your neighbor not to demand a permit and inspection.
How
does he know that the job was done correctly and meets code requirements?
It was also foolish of the electrician to do the work without a permit.
I'm
wondering if he was a licensed electrical contractor or a moonlighter.

How do we know for sure it was not permitted? I know of a couple of
electricians that call the inspector, tell him what they are doing, end of
story. He may or may not inspect on a small job like the service upgrade.
(yes, in the scheme of things, a service upgrade is a small simple job) They
are reputable, experienced professionals that only do things to code.