Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Service upgrade without telling the power company

duquesne light will disconnect power first thing in the AM and
reconnect later in day for 350 bucks....

havent called for fee if I pull meter, install new service head and
drop with new meter can and main, leaving old one in place. In this
case power company would come out and move wires to new service drop
when we are done, then we could safely remove old disconnected drop
from side of house.

I have done lots of house wiring over the years and watched closely
when I had my service upgaded from 60 amp to 100. really regret I didnt
go 200 amp at that time..........

We have a variety of things we want to do, having a FPE stab lock panel
makes me concerned