Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bamboo@localnet.com is offline

Default color match of ceramic tiles

mix them together so the differences are random instead of in clumps

Walter R. wrote:
I need to lay 700 sqft of ceramic tile for a large patio.

I found the perfect porcellain tile at the home depot at the perfect price.
The only catch is that I cannot get the same dyelot for the three pallets I
need. It is impossible to inspect the pallets and tiles beforehand.

How important is the dyelot number when applied to a large area? Is there a
way around minor differences in color? The tiles are a uniform brown with a
light dimensional pattern.

Is it worth taking a chance on getting a close match between the three
pallets?

Thanks

--
Walter