Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Back support for drywall patch

KLS wrote in
:

On 7 Oct 2006 12:36:29 -0700, wrote:

That's one way of doing it, a few screws hold it in place ( driven
through the undamaged drywal)
Sometimes you can't avoid a bigger hole, the trick is to avoid having
to do it twice!
Eigenvector wrote:
Everyone talks about how to put a thin strip of wood behind the hole
that you're patching so that you can attach the drywall.

I can do that, but I'm having problems visualizing how you would
attach the wood backing. Is it as simple screwing a hole in the
surrounding drywall and into the wood backing, or is it something
more. I'm just having trouble seeing it because drywall isn't very
strong, so using drywall to hold up the backing wood, so that you
can secure the patch sounds like a recipe for a bigger hole to
patch.

Or just use a good glue on the ends of the strip of wood that contact
the drywall and let it set up really well before you try patching the
hole.

Get some free paint stirring sticks from the store,and some construction
adhesive,like that new stuff with the fast grip,I can't recall the name.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik