Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Service upgrade without telling the power company

wrote in message
oups.com...
I spoke to Duquesne light since I am considering a service upgrade.

Kinda surprised!

All existing Triplex is cleared for 200 AMP service and they really
dont care what you do.

I have pulled meters, broken fuse, stuff like that twice. they said
pull meter if you know how safely just let us know so we can reseal it
when you are done.

basically they sell power and dont care as long as you are paying for
it legit......

That's not what I heard when I spoke with my power company.

"Schedule upgrade 2 months in advance. Provide us with name of contractor
doing work. We will shut off your power at the meter in the morning, and
will only turn it back on at the meter after seeing inspection report and
permit."

Basically it sounds like they don't want anyone messing with their stuff.
As I'm sure its a royal pain to obtain service if they catch you doing
something they don't like, I don't intend on messing with the service.