Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Vega fence questions

As I recall from putting a vega on an old craftsman it just had a
couple of L brackets that attached to the rail. You'll have to get it
all assembled to find out how if will fit your saw. It is a nice
fence. I made a frame so that I could mount a rockler router table in
it.
Mike M

On 7 Oct 2006 08:43:31 -0700, wrote:

I've been thinking of adding a vega fence to a Jet JWTS-10 saw. I have
not purchased the saw yet, but the $400 deal on the entry-level version
of this saw (with steel wings) includes a pretty sad fence. And I
don't like steel wings, either. But $400 is still a bargain for the
rest of the saw.

Vega indicates that it has built-in support for table boards. But they
don't seem to have any manuals in PDF format, so I don't know how thick
they expect these boards to be or how they attach. The photos of the
fences on amazon look like there is a flange on the bottom of both the
front and rear rails. How much do I need to build a board up to to
make a board that is flush with the top of the table? Does it just
screw from the bottom of this flange?

Also, if I don't use the steel wings, there are just two places to bolt
the fence rails to the cast-iron saw table itself. Is that sufficient?

TIA,
Phil