Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dundonald Dundonald is offline

Default hot water tap 'choking'

Dundonald wrote:

The hot water tap in our kitchen acts strange - I can only describe it
as choking. We have a combi boiler so if when I turn the hot water tap
on the water isn't hot yet, the water flows fine. But as soon as it is
hot or when I turn the tap on and the water is already hot the water
splurts out in segments. I find if I turn the tap on quickly up to
full flow the choking isn't as bad. I can hear the pipework from under
the sink back to the garage rattling when the tap is choking. Very
strange. All other hot taps work fine so there's no problem with the
combi boiler or pipework.

I'm no plumber so I can't ascertain what the fault is, but I'm
certainly willing to take things a part to see if I can fix it rather
than buying new taps. Any help please in suggesting what might be the
cause of the problem?

Thanks.

No one any good with taps then? I'll take them apart and play
around see if I can spot anything. If I find the problem and if it's
anything interesting I'll post back.