Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Cleaning glass pot lid (the kind with metal edge)

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 22:23:35 -0500, Stan wrote:

I picked up a used glass pot lid, the kind with a metal band around the
edge. The glass has cooked-on grease on both sides of the glass and I can't
get this slightly-sticky-in-places residue off. What's a good way to get
the glass on both sides clean and free of that cooked-on grease/fat?

[To reply directly to me, drop one ' i ' from address.]

Cover the pot lid with a baking soda paste. The next day wash it. If
the gunk is still there, take it outside and spray on some oven
cleaner, wait 10 minutes, rinse, repeat if needed. Use caution.