Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Service upgrade without telling the power company

Eigenvector wrote:
My next door neighbor had an electrician upgrade his panel to 200 A without
1) a permit, and 2) telling the power company.

I'm curious how that was accomplished, or at least I'm wondering what the
power company is going to say when the values on his meter changes
overnight, not to mention his meter won't have a seal on it either.

If it's an overhead service, he could have disconnected the hot service
conductors at the weatherhead and then reclamped and retaped them when
he was done; he wouldn't necessarily have to break the seal on the meter.

What makes you think the meter is going to change? Or even that the
monthly electric use is gonna rise dramatically?

Bob