Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] goldenmike4393@yahoo.com is offline

Default DISHWASHER DOOR

It was harvest gold but I painted it white hahahah

I was thinking a bike tire patch with cement glue.

I am hanging on to the bitter end.

Mrs. Clean

mm wrote:
On 6 Oct 2006 16:59:11 -0700, wrote:

The nylon rollers have worn a hole in the inside of my dishwasher.

It's 30 years old but the new ones only go 7 years, so I want to keep
it. It's sound mechanically.

How or what should I use to patch the inside of the door?

If it is all the way through, I think auto body putty would do it. I
think they have a couple general kinds, for small dents and for larger
that is sometimes supported by a piece of fiberglass mesh.

I can't imagine the hole is bigger than a dime, so I think you can use
the small dent stuff and just leave the door open, (the hole is in the
door, right?) and push enough through so that it lands on the far
side (now the bottom side) and keep applying it until the pile reaches
up to the level where you are. You can onoy apply it a half inch deep
at one time, or something like that. Read the label. So do it in
stages. When it reaches the hole smooth it out. You may want to paint
it with the little bottles of white porcelain paint they sell for
kitchen appliances (only in colors that appliances come in.)

I live alone and only wash full loads, so Idon'pt use my dishwasher
very often, but it's 27 years old, and works and looks fine, and has
only broken once when a tiny half inch long very thin chicken bone got
caught in the anti-siphon thing on the sink. And t hat wouldn't have
happened if I cleaned my dishes better.

I wouldn't care about style, but afaict mine is still stylish.

It's a sears, probably whirlppol and has 3 sheets of metal stored in
the front, representing 6 colors**, if I wanted it to be adifferent
color. So far everything is harvest gold. Now that IS out of style,
but I don't care.

White, harvest gold, ovacado?, and I forget the other three. I've
only seen them once 15 years ago, because I have to take out two
screws and remove a strip to look at them.