Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Home Depot gotcha

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
news:J2zUg.6917$vT1.4180@trndny03:

"Stubby" wrote in message
Me? Pay interest? Surely you jest.

Good for you. There are those that buy on the "no interest for 2
years" and don't pay off the balance in time and end up with 21% from
the start.

You know as well as I Edwin that that's what they bank on - Accrued
Finance Charges. As a matter of fact, I have one from an approx 1k
purchase 12mo deal that is due tomorrow. Paid today. 0 finances charges.
Pay on Mon and it's 220 in finance charges.

I do have to give HD kudos on their monthly statements. Every month they
list each deferred item as a separate line item, original purchase date,
expiration date and accrued interest to date. And you can schedule it as
a debit against your bank account like 45 days in advance. With this
repeated info and options, if you miss it you should not be using the no
pmt/no int options.