dmc

Default Three worktop questions

In article ,
Grunff wrote:

Yes, there is a reason - you'll most likely be cutting it with a
jigsaw, so you need to cut from below in order to avoid tearing
the lamintate off.

I did ours this way. Used a normal blade (can't get on with the downcut
ones) in a decent pendulum jigsaw and took my time. Only very minor
chipping and easily covered by the sink.

I suspect that going slowly helped and the key was to use a decent blade
in a decent jigsaw. Not sure how my cheap saw would have coped. I guess it
depends on the sink somewhat as well :-)

I use PVA, others use silicone. Both will work fine.

Yep. I used silicone - been fine for 5 yrs so far.

Darren