Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Prometheus Prometheus is offline

Default An interesting lathe project

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 08:02:27 -0400, Greg wrote:

Prometheus said:

I'm nearly finished with my latest project on the lathe, and figured
it might be interesting enough to share the idea.
snip

Sounds like an interesting project, one that I regret not having
thought of first. But you know what they say about one picture and a
thousand words...

Seriously though, I have owned two cheap HP cameras. Both, while not
the most high tech and feature laden, have performed as advertised for
many years. (I've found that the more crap, the faster it breaks.)
One is going on 6 and the other about 3. The oldest was immersed in
water for a while when SHMBO fell into a 4' deep eddy hole carved into
a rock in a California river with it in her pocket. Yea, I know...
I disassembled and dried it out, replaced a cap and repaired an eroded
trace on the flash board, and it is still working 3 years later.

I'll take that under advisement- the last one was a Poloroid, but it
died after two uses. Just wouldn't turn on any longer, and it had
been sitting on the desk for longer than the return period. I might
look at the HPs, though- I just don't want to blow another $100-200
for something that doesn't work.

Would like to see it when you get it finished.

Greg G.