Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Bundy Al Bundy is offline

Default Cleaning glass pot lid (the kind with metal edge)

Stan wrote in
:

I picked up a used glass pot lid, the kind with a metal band around
the edge. The glass has cooked-on grease on both sides of the glass
and I can't get this slightly-sticky-in-places residue off. What's a
good way to get the glass on both sides clean and free of that
cooked-on grease/fat?

[To reply directly to me, drop one ' i ' from address.]

You're getting an awful lot of "try this" responses! COuld probably buy a
couple of complete sets for the price of the various things suggested if
you don't have them hanging around.

What the hell. Here's a couple of more.
Greased Lightning with a plastic scour pad.
Carburator cleaner.