Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Need Suggestions for Repair/Replacement of Washing Machine

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
et...

"Mike" wrote in message
Question:

I wonder if it's worth while calling Sears too repair the machine or
should I buy another top loading washing machine. After reading the
reviews
in Consumer Reports I don't want to buy a front loading machine. Where
else can I find recommendations for washing machines?
I failed to mention I had the original documentation for the machine but
misplaced it. Still might find it though.

It is NEVER worth calling Sears to fix anything. They are very high
priced and have a reputation for mediocre service at best. Visit you
local appliance dealer. They sell at very good prices these days because
they belong to co-operatives with good buying power. Most will only handle
brands they are comfortable with from a quality POV because they don't
want the headaches. I'd buy Amana, Whirlpool, Maytag. I'd avoid
Frigidaire (and any of their brands), GE, Hotpoint.

Since you wee never happy with the way it washed, why dump $150 to make it
last a little longer?

It's got a corkscrew agitator which seems to be hard on clothes that doesn;t
clean very well unless I use the heavy duty cycle.
I don't know how well new one clean compared to the one I have.

Mike