Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Dishwasher not water tight?

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 23:30:23 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

wrote in message
WHY in the world did it
leak? I mean it was gushing water everywhere! I can't ask my wife to
always check the disposal before running a load just to make sure its
not stopped up. What should I do?

Clean out the garbage disposal and I think all will be well again.

Uh, checking that the sink drains is the proper thing to do. Does your wife
has some sort of problem that will not allow her to perform a simple
function? I've had a DW for 40 years in different houses and SOP is to run
the disposal before running the DW. The DW was designed to wash dishes and
drain the water to a free and open system. It is not a fish tank or
submarine.

I agree with everything but the last word. What about dishwashers on
submarines?