Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Fischer Tim Fischer is offline

Default over-the-range microwave good idea?

"Charles Pisano" wrote in message
I have one that came with my new home. I personally don't know what
people buy microwaves for. The last one I used was in my parents home
30 years ago. I tried this one and nothing tastes right when I cook in
it. Seems highly unnatural to me.

You don't know how to use the microwave correctly then. We use ours all the
time -- typically not for preparing main dishes, but for things like
defrosting ground beef, reheating leftovers, preparing quick frozen meals
(e.g. hot pockets), and much much more.

If your food turns "rubbery" that means you're overheating it. You probably
need a lower power and more time.

-Tim