Posted to alt.home.repair
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default extension cord for 230 volt air conditioner??

higgins wrote:
Installing a new wall sleeve A/C (yes, in October; don't ask) and my
life would be made a whole lot easier if I had an extension cord. This
is a 230v unit and I can't find a short cord, just a few to 6 feet.
I've seen a couple of longer ones, but for $90 or so. Am I missing
something?? Is there a reason this is an unusual thing??? Where can I
find one??

You can make one. A few feet of #14 SJT wire (flexible cord) and a
couple of replacement ends. It'll probably cost you between $15 and
$20. Use #12 cord if it's over about 12 feet long.

Bob