Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Cleaning glass pot lid (the kind with metal edge)

Stan wrote in
:

I picked up a used glass pot lid, the kind with a metal band around
the edge. The glass has cooked-on grease on both sides of the glass
and I can't get this slightly-sticky-in-places residue off. What's a
good way to get the glass on both sides clean and free of that
cooked-on grease/fat?

[To reply directly to me, drop one ' i ' from address.]

Make a hot solution of gel-auto dishwasher detergent and water and find a
glass or plastic tub big enough for your lid,and soak the lid in the
solution for a couple of hours. If you can keep it hot or warm the whole
time,that's better.

If the metal band is stainless steel and not aluminum,just use Easy-OFF
oven cleaner,as directed on the label.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik