Posted to alt.home.repair
bob kater bob kater is offline

Default Snaking a Clogged Pipe

roter rooter. with a root cutter on the end most gice a guarantee for a
year.
wrote in message
ups.com...
The pipe attached to the basement drain of my 1971-built home is
partially clogged. (If I run a hose for about 10 minutes, the water
starts to back up.) I believe that the drainage pipe needs to be
snaked, but I am afraid that if someone does it improperly, matters
will get worse rather than better. (I suspect that a clogged pipe can
be easily broken). So before I hire someone to do this, I would like
to know what to avoid when the pipe is snaked and how to find a
competent person who will charge me a fair rate. I should add that
there is a silver maple in the front yard where the pipe drains, and I
understand that those types of maples attack pipes vigorously. Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

JD