Tim Williams

Default Making holes in aluminum sheetmetal

"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
Kasenit is cheap.

Doubt they have it at Ace though.

You could start with pipe if you can find an appropriate size.

I've got a bit of water pipe, should make good cutters...

If you don't have a forge for heating, etc.,

Currently I'm making do with bits of firebrick and one torch or another.
I've got some refractory curing downstairs for a 3" i.d. 8" long 2" wall
forge, should work nice... I'll try 'er tomorrow...

used (broken) automotive coil springs are good for making many
tools where HSS or carbide isn't needed.

I've got a big bar, a broken torsion bar.. wonder how the hell I'll cut that
up and use it. Hehehe.

Do you have a lathe?

The start of a wood lathe, but if you want to send me 50-100lbs of aluminum
scrap and the Gingery Lathe booklet I'll get back to 'ya.

Tim

--
"That's for the courts to decide." - Homer Simpson