Posted to uk.d-i-y
James James is offline

Default weatherproof junction box wiring

Hi,

I need some advice on this product. The instructions that came with it
don't give any wiring examples.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/P..._3/MK56506.JPG

I got this because I want to join two pieces of 2.5mm T&E outside to
form a single run (the cable is encased in 20mm plastic pipe). There
are reasons I cannot run a single length of cable point to point. Can
anyone help with these questions?

1. Firstly there are 4 terminals on each set of terminal block, I
presume I just don't use the 4th one, as the cable only has 3 wires?

2. Does it matter as to which of the 4 terminals on a block the live,
neutral and earth connect to?

3. I presume the incoming T&E cable goes to any one of the 4 blocks,
the outgoing cables go from another. Is it simply a case of using small
lengths of cable inside the junction box to join the corresponding
terminals as well? If not, what is the proper way to achieve what I
want, preferably using the junction box and knowing I can't have one
single length of cable and the join is outside.

Thanks,

James