Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Fischer Tim Fischer is offline

Default Source for a stock 6 1/2' wide R.O. Patio Door

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Tim Fischer" wrote in message

We have a 26-year-old patio door that badly needs replacing. For some
odd reason, the rough opening appears to be 6' 6" (6 1/2') wide. It
seems virtually all patio doors come in only a 6' width.

I checked at Menards, and they can special/custom order a few different
brands, but the upcharge is something like $400. All that for a lousy
6" of width.

What is the rough opening for a 6' door? I've never heard of a 6 1/2',
but that does not meat they did not exist.

I'm talking 6 1/2' R.O. Most sliders want a 6' R.O. (that is, they're
slightly smaller than 6' wide).

-Tim