Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] carolrcohen@gmail.com is offline

Default over-the-range microwave good idea?

We put in a microwave over the stove and it works fine. Has a short
visor on lower front edge which helps direct steam & grease to the fan
which does pull from UNDERSIDE of the unit. Has a built-in under-light
and also has grease filters which can be removed & cleaned. We are
short people but somehow never use the microwave for huge heavy pots.
Mostly for reheating, making popcorn, defrosting.

If your stove is on an outside wall, definitely get a venting
over-the-range microwave. Saves lots of space in a kitchen, to stack
appliances that way.

C.C.