Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default over-the-range microwave good idea?

If you house is full of short people,
like mine, and you use your microwave for
actual cooking, rather than re-heating,
it is NG. It is too high to lift a heavy
pot or cassarole over hot pots on the
range. We have a built-in microwave,
but we mounted it above a built-in wall
oven. We compromised lifting up
and stooping down. So, the microwave is
a bit high, but the oven is a bit
low, but on the average, it works for us.

wrote:
Just bought a fancy new range and I'm trying to decide whether to get a
nice 'angular' range hood and have to get rid of the cabinets above the
range, or install one of those combo microwave/range hood units.

I would like to hear feedback from people who actually own or have
owned them.

My concern? All the pictures how the unit venting over the top of the
microwave. Um, if I buy a nice shiny stainless steel unit isn't it
going to get grunged up really quick if all the condensation is
constantly flowing over the front of it?

You would think they would have the vent underneath.

Am I missing something?

Thx,

J.