Posted to alt.home.repair
Philip Lewis Philip Lewis is offline

Default Cleaning glass pot lid (the kind with metal edge)

"Stan" wrote
I picked up a used glass pot lid, the kind with a metal band around the
edge. The glass has cooked-on grease on both sides of the glass and I
can't get this slightly-sticky-in-places residue off. What's a good
way to get the glass on both sides clean and free of that cooked-on grease/fat?

I just had a similar experience cleaning a glass pie plate.
Use my stainless steel scrubby and it worked a treat. They last
practically forever as well.

I've also found that the green scrubbies (scotch-bright) loose their
tooth with time... I'm always amazed at the comparison when i switch
to a new one.

--
May no harm befall you,
flip