Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Weatherproofing Corrugated Cardboard

Art Todesco spake thus:

I have some corrugated cardboard halloween decorations that I would like
to put out on the lawn. Last year, when they got a little wet, they
curled and "melted" a bit. BTW, las Halloween was constant rain. Does
anyone know of a way to waterproof the cardboard? The surface is black
colored paper. Interrnally, it is like any other corrugated cardboard.

I did exactly the same thing a few years ago. Made a really kewl flying
saucer out of cardboard, complete with flashing lights, and put it
outside with a couple of "aliens".

Then the rains came and ruined it. Became one soggy mass of painted
cardboard, slumped over the bushes. Very sad.

No, there's no practical way to prevent this. Use something else or
don't put it outside. (You *could* cover it in many coats of epoxy paint
or fiberglass, but then you would no longer be working with just
cardboard.) Sorry.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself