Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Lost remote for Magnavox...whats the best way out?

wrote:
Hi,

While moving between apartments, I lost the remote control for my
Magnavox 20" TV (model is 20MT1331/17). What is the best way for me to
get a remote for it now? I see a few universal remotes which are
cheaper, but how do we know whether it is compatible with my TV? The
regular remote on the Philips website costs $35...can't afford it!

I don't have any other electronic equipment yet and am a poor grad
student currently. Please suggest the best way out of this...your time
and effort in helping me are greatly appreciated!

With reg,
SK

if you're moving to another district, get a universal remote with a
MENU button so you can tune the set in to other frequencies if
necessary when you move. otherwise get down to your local second hand
store, flea market or car boot sale - there is usually someone with a
load of old remotes to sell!

TIP : take a couple of aa and aaa batteries and a pocket AM radio, so
you can test if the remote works or not.

-B.