Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet James Sweet is offline

Default Philips 60" RPTV - New cooling fluid, clean lenses and mirror,still "cloudy"

wrote:
Screen has been cleaned. Just for grins, I pulled the back off and
took a look at the crt's again. Lo-and-behold...blue is cloudy as is
the green crt. Coolant was replaced two weeks ago and was crystal
clear. Is it possible for bacteria to grow this fast already,
especially since the set hasn't been running much since? Another
thought is that MCM was out of coolant, so I had to get it from
tritronics. MCM has tech-spray and Tritronics carries MG Chemicals. I
topped off the crt's with the MG chems coolant. Is it possible the two
somehow reacted with eachother?

Did you scrub out and sterilize the coolant chambers before refilling?
The bacteria can grow pretty quickly once it gets started.