jim rozen

Default minimal pipe diameter

In article , Allan Adler says...

I have no laboratory and no shop and have no plans to actually do any of this.
I'm just thinking about how it might be done. Since the solution involves
a problem in metal work, I think it is appropriate to ask about it here.

Microbore capillary tubine is commonly manfuactured from a variety
of materials, but specialty draw houses like Uniform Tubes. Basically
a billet of material is gun drilled, and then drawn down over
successive draws to achieve the desired wall and bore dimensions.

Bending small diameter tubing such as this is trivially
done by filling the tubing with water, and then freezing the
water with liquid nitrogen. As long as the water is kept
solid during the bending by repeated re-freezing, the tube
will not collapse or kink. The water is blown out after
all the bending is complete.

Jim

please reply to: