Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Rob offers his apologies.

Larry Blanchard (in ) said:

| Morris Dovey wrote:
|
|| It would seem that you've not noticed the rather large number of
|| men and women who valued our principles more highly than their
|| personal survival - and the lesser (but still awesomely large)
|| number who did not, in fact, survive - all so that you and I might
|| live in what you so casually refer to as "fantasyland".
|
| Well said. But to be fair it must be noted that the terrorists are
| also willing to die for their principles - or at least for their
| religion. Ones dedication to a principle does not necessarily
| prove the validity of that principle.

Of course - and yet the very existance of a principle as such
indicates that there is some strong cultural validation. When such a
situation arises, it would seem to me that both sides need to learn
more about the (other's) culture and the context in which that
validation took place.

(It is turtles all the way down - the question is where they come
from)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar