Posted to alt.home.repair

Default doing some electrical work

Tazz spake thus:

"Code says you have 2 choices for bathrooms.

#1: You can run a single 20amp circuit to feed the outlets (and only
the outlets) in all bathrooms. In this case you could use 1 gfci in
the first location, and protect the other outlets from it. The
downfall to this is that if you trip a gfci in the downstairs, and you
are in the upstairs bathroom, you have to run downstair to reset it.

Are you sure about this? The needle on my BS meter is twitching here.

It sounds unlikely that the electrical code would allow one to wire an
outlet in a bathroom to be protected by a remote GFCI outlet *in another
room*. I thought all outlets protected by ground-fault interruptors had
to live in the same room as the interruptor.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)