Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Overdone construction

On Oct 6, 12:20 am, "Eigenvector" wrote:

Ah, thanks. I know what you're talking about now.

As AEM says, that isn't gonna happen. I have the sawsall, so at this point
I think that's what I'm gonna do, it will just take time to do it.

Maybe if I can get a section of the flooring removed, I can get sufficient
room to really use the wrecking bar, right now its tough because there's
really no place for the bar to grip.

I just can't stand dismantling overdone work like this, and its one of the
other reasons why I prefer screws to nails.

There is one specific tool that is tailor-made for your situation.
http://www.coastaltool.com/hand_tool...ail_puller.htm It's a
cross between a slaphammer and a catspaw. The jaws are opened, placed
on either side of the nailhead about to die, slide the weighted tail
piece up the shaft/handle and then slap it down. That drives the jaws
into the wood and closes them around the nailhead. Pull back on the
handle to lock the jaws and lever the nail out. If it's a recalcitrant
bastid, slide the handle out to gain more leverage. The tool works
like a champ, can pull big ass nails that are really stuck in there,
the pincer jaws squezze tighter as you exert more pressure back on the
lever, and best of all, it doesn't damage the wood as much as other
pullers. The tool is a century old design and is not well known
nowadays. You can find them on eBay for cheap as they're not rare.
Search for nail puller.