Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default Lost remote for Magnavox...whats the best way out?

wrote in message
oups.com...

While moving between apartments, I lost the remote control for my
Magnavox 20" TV (model is 20MT1331/17). What is the best way for me to
get a remote for it now? I see a few universal remotes which are
cheaper, but how do we know whether it is compatible with my TV? The
regular remote on the Philips website costs $35...can't afford it!

Most universal remotes will work. They're as cheap as $3 ea here. You may
not get every function but at least it will do the basics. Also ask on the
freebies sites

http://freecycle.org/

or

http://www.craigslist.org/