Posted to rec.woodworking
DGG DGG is offline

Default Rob offers his apologies.

Tim Daneliuk said:

nothing any well paid shill wouldn't say.

I regrettably stumbled onto this post, and after laughing for 30
minutes, decided to address the oppressive blather.

It is not. In the early days of what would become WWII, the Left argued
as you have - "There's no serious threat to us. It's just asinine to
worry about it." Fast forward 15 years. Hitler and Stalin are
responsible for something on the order of 100 *million* deaths in total.
History is full of other such examples of what happens when you
ignore evil.

And in what possible way does this relate to an impotent US sock
puppet like Saddam Hussein? Or are you setting the stage for a dialog
on the invasion of Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, or perhaps Canada.

We shouldn't ignore evil? What about Darfur, et al.?
Funny, I don't see any Warships racing towards Africa - or DC.

Today's threat isn't just an Islamist Terrorist threat per se.
Today's asymmetric warriors are testing the waters to see if they can
bring down a superpower. What ties them together far more than religion
is their tribalist mentality - of which there is plenty to go around on
the planet. The combination of a suicidal eschatology and a tribal
mentality, fertilized with global communications, transport, and
technology, will inevitably follow the same course as pre-war Hitler and
Stalin. The task today is to prevent the snowball from rolling down the
hill before it gets so big it cannot be stopped.

Your arguments over minutia are irrelevant in light of the fact that
we invaded a sovereign country that in no way threatened the US or its
neighbors, to overthrow a leader who had been propped up by decades of
support from the both the magnanimous right and the quivering left.
Who had absolutely no involvement in 9/11, no WMDs, and did not harbor
or embrace terrorists. And in spite of warnings from far more
intelligent and reasonable thinkers than the triad of morons who now
occupy DC, we have killed tens of thousands of innocent civilians and
unleashed a bold new generation of US hating terrorists and
theological war upon Iraq, if not eventually the entirety of the
Middle East. Left wing "talking points?" Perhaps because it is fact.
And all the bombastic, self-righteous slights you can muster won't
change hard facts. You can only hope to confuse or suppress those who
dissent; ergo we have your presence here.

Your deeply held fantasies about how the world *ought* to operate are at
odds with considerable historical evidence to the contrary. You can
begin self-remediation by admitting out loud that "Evil" is a real thing,
and that, left to its own devices, it will grow.

Fantasies, hah! This from the Mad Hatter himself. Specious arguments,
Strawmen and subtle ad hominem attacks are apparently your trademarks.

Lest you've forgotten, there are plenty of people in the world, and
many in this country, who might just consider the US in it's various
incarnations the embodiment of evil. History reveals proud traditions
of witchburing, slavery, rape, torture, beheading of troops and
civilians who failed to work productively enough to suit their
benevolent masters, near extermination of the native population of
North America and theft of their lands by force - all of which are
hallmark milestones in the development of this country. Not so
different from the bulk of human history, but hardly anything to crow
about either.

So I relent: I admit out loud that "Evil" is a real thing, and that,
left to its own devices, it will grow.

A self-righteous, self-appointed moral compass for the rest of the
world? Don't make me laugh any harder than I am already. Mostly a
bunch of avaricious, self-interested, domineering, immoral hooligans
who will do or say anything to achieve their personal agendas. Now I
admit, these are survival traits in a dangerous world, but I damned
sure don't want anyone who embraces these qualities as a neighbor.

And all the more reason to boot the lot of these maggots out on their
collective asses. To paraphrase Robin Williams, "politicians are like
diapers - they should be changed often and for the same reasons."

And this is the foulest load of **** I've smelled in 50 years.

Think-tanks filled with propagandists bent on fabricating plausible
arguments for any atrocity, masters of media manipulation, oppression
of dissenting voices, baseless slanders, billions in wasted taxpayer
revenue, cronyism, callous disregard of all life, feigned pandering to
self-seeking religious elements, spin and more spin. I haven't heard
an iota of truth from these ignorant cowards yet. The only consistent
behaviors exhibited by this administration and its cheerleaders are
greed, deception, and self-preservation.

And that's the truth. Phhhhhhhtttttt......
Bye, Bye...