Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wiring split load CU

John Rumm wrote:

The only time a 100mA trip RCD would be mandated
for protection from direct or indirect contact is when EEBADS alone
cannot be relied on to do this (e.g. non power circuits on a TT install
with a high impedance earth connection). In these circumstances a 100mA
RCD will provide very effective protection from indirect contact caused
by a phase to earth fault, and massively improved chances of survival in
the case of direct contact, while not accentuating the risk of injury as
a consequence of a nuisance trip.

That is my point exactly. I don't want any non RCD protected stuff in my
house

30mA overall is too sensitive.

100mA seems just right.

Anything more is a separate RCBO on such circuits where the leakage
under non fault conditions is less, and the danger overall of being
electrocuted is higher.