Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default French Door - Heel and Toe

TheScullster wrote:

My understanding of this heel-and-toe business is that it is a
re-packing of the glazing unit in the door frame, when the frame is
out of square (by door frame I mean the glazing suround for each
moving opener, as opposed to the fixed outer casing).

You can check that by measuring the diagonals.

So you may get a situation where the individual door frame has
parallelogrammed so far out that it is impossible to achieve the
clearance needed around the door and this re-packing excercise is
necessary.

If it was fixed square in the first place it should stay square if fixed
properly. If its now out of square for either reason I'd get the builder
back in.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman