Posted to alt.home.repair
Gideon Gideon is offline

Default How to quiet a dehumidifier

Remi wrote:
I live in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada and they are legal
here. Maybe you should move.

One of the great humors of this newsgroup is the number of
people who assume that their local zoning is pretty much
universal. As you have pointed out, that just isn't true.

In our area, the major zoning requirement for a basement
bedroom is that two exits must exist. One exit is generally
the stairway to the ground floor. The second exit can be a
direct exit "to daylight", a window which qualifies as an
"egress window", or a second stairway to the first floor.

Gideon