Sam Soltan

Default Machine shop videos

Try Brooklyn Tech (Brooklyn Technical High School) They probably have
classes available ....

The last time I was teaching, mechanical drawing, there they had belt driven
equipment, off an overhead powershaft. ;-) that was in 1975- 7.

You might also try Stuyvesent High School...

"Tony Rentschler" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Allan Adler
wrote:

I don't have enough room to do any work, so there is no point at this
stage in getting any equipment. Are you in a similar situation, trying
to do it in an apartment, or do you have some kind of shed or basement
or garage where you can do some work? Also, have you located any local
groups that have any interest in metal work? I did a google search and
located a NYC group that does modeling of subway trains. They might have
some metalworking skills. I found out about them a while ago but kept

hoping
for some actual shop courses and then forgot about them until this

moment.

I have a small workshop in Brooklyn (DUMBO). I rent the space from a
cabinet maker who has an old lathe and mill, but neither of us knows
how best to make use of these tools - hence my original post.

--
Tony Rentschler
New York, NY