Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default Rob offers his apologies.

Tom Watson wrote:
On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 20:42:13 -0500, "Morris Dovey"
wrote:

Tim Daneliuk (in ) said:

|| False. Not only can we win without abandoning our principles, we
|| cannot win if we do.
|| Abandonment of our principles is suicide.
|
| So is clinging to them to the point where we are annihilated.
| Survival comes before legal nuance notwithstanding the fantasyland
| inhabited by a good many of the war critics.

It would seem that you've not noticed the rather large number of men
and women who valued our principles more highly than their personal
survival - and the lesser (but still awesomely large) number who did
not, in fact, survive - all so that you and I might live in what you
so casually refer to as "fantasyland".

If you choose to discard our fundamental principles in favor of some
hoped-for longevity; most will understand - and I would guess that
most will also be ashamed for you.

An old Philly guy (via Boston) said it best:

"Those Who Would Sacrifice Liberty for Security Deserve Neither."

It is the very *defense* of Liberty that requires making these kinds of
hard decisions. You are severely kidding yourself if you think
the historic defenders of our Liberty did not make naughty choices
in said quest.
Tim Daneliuk

PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/