Posted to rec.woodworking
A.M. Wood A.M. Wood is offline

Default Delta 36-717 Opinions

Len wrote:
I'm finally able to replace my old ShopSmith with dedicated stand
alone tools.

So I've been reading up on various table saws, and have concluded
I don't really need a "professional" grade cabinet saw (e.g.,
Unisaw, PowerMatic), but I would like something a bit better than
the typical Lowes/Home Depot "contractor" saw for my weekend
sawdust binges.

I saw an article in one of the woodworking magazines that
mentioned a Delta "hybrid" table saw, model 36-717, and wondered
if anyone out there has any 'hands on' time with one. And if so,
what your opinion of it is?

Thanks,
Len

Why not get a used Unisaw or PM 66. Granted, it won't be a
wannabeacabinetsaw. But it will probably cost less if that's any
consolation.