Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default Rob offers his apologies.

Tim Daneliuk writes:
wrote:

Abandonment of our principles is suicide.

So is clinging to them to the point where we are annihilated. Survival
comes before legal nuance notwithstanding the fantasyland inhabited
by a good many of the war critics.

Hyperbole. The US won't be annihilated by allowing habeus corpus, nor
would presenting the actual evidence, classified or otherwise, lead to
the annihilation of the united states.

So, you may trust GWB and Rumsfeld to not abuse their power, but when the
next president declares _you_ an enemy combatent, and you have no
recourse to the court system, habeus corpus or even to see the evidence
against you, don't complain to the rest of us.

scott