Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default Craftsman router

Sun, Oct 1, 2006, 11:27pm (EDT+4)
(George*Max) doth claimeth:
snip I have a Craftsman router too. * It makes a nice paperweight.
Self adjusting collet and all. And the infamous fly apart fan. snip

Interesting, I've heard about the self adjusting collets, but never
problems with the fan.

I've got one I used for several years in my router table. No
problems. Of course I just use a flush trim bit in it, and don't adjust
the height. It quit one day, and I stuck another one in, and still no
problems with it either, after maybe 5 years or so. Found out the first
one had a weak solder connection that failed - a simple solder job will
fix that - when I get around to it.

JOAT
It's not hard, if you get your mind right.
- Granny Weatherwax