Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Jim Northey Jim Northey is offline

Default Troubles attaching a gas range to kitchen cabinets, and also in English...

If you have not already built the cabinet for it could you not add 10 or
20 mm to the minimum opening just to feel a little safer? Other than that I
don't know enough about that type of stove/range to give you any more
suggestions.
Good luck with it.
Jim
"SammyBar" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Hi all,

I have some problems with my english vocabulary so I need to make some
First:
Is it "gas oven" or "gas range" the english (american) name for the device
that is used for coooking dinner in the kitchen? I mean the device that
have integrated a cooktop and a oven. Such device comes in two variants:
it is one that is called "freestanding" 'cause it stands on his own feets,
and the second variant is supposed to be attached to the kitchen cabinets
'cause it does not have any legs. Which is the american english name for
this "attacheable gas oven"?
My problem is the following: I'm constructing my own kitchen cabinets and
I bought an "attacheable gas oven". I'm looking for instructions on how to
attach the device to the holding cabinet. The user guide included in the
device specifies the size of the clearings for the holding cabinet but
does not tell anything if I need to protect the internal walls of the
cabinets with something thermal. My fear is the device contains an oven.
May be the hot oven can cause a fire on the cabinet? The cabinets are made
of particleboard and painted with oil-based enamel. The instructions from
the fabricant specifies a clearing of 40 millimetres from both sides of
the oven wich has ventilation openings on both sides but no more.
Then I'm looking for some tricks on how do the job, but I'm not capable of
select the correct english keywords. I've been googling for images with
"gas oven" or "gas range" keywords and all the results I get are the
freestanding versions, not the attaceable ones...

So any hint on the correct keywords, or in how the attach such a device to
the cabinet is welcomed
Thanks in advance

Sammy