Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Polishing bloom out of car paintwork

In message , Drake
writes

I've got a red car that has developed an unusual dull bloom in the
paintwork on its roof and bonnet. I managed to cure the bonnet by
rubbing the hell out of it with Auto-Glym and then polishing it to
death - by hand. Auto-Glym was the only polishing compound that worked
properly. Other stuff like T-Cut appeared to work, but then whitish
streaks would appear after a day or so - no matter how hard I polished
it. Waxing didn't help.

I now want to tackle the roof, but I want to avoid as much of that
hard work as possible. Would it pay me to buy an electric car
polishing tool, such as http://tinyurl.com/pha83 ? Or will an
electric drill with a buffing wheel attached do just as well? If so,
does anyone know where I can buy the buffing wheel or polishing
attachments at a reasonable price?

I had that problem with a red car

All your efforts will only be temporary, the bloom will come back

get it resprayed

--
geoff