Posted to alt.food.barbecue,misc.consumers.house,nyc.food,rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment
[email protected] hrbrickerNOSPAM@ij.net is offline

Default Is It the 21st Century Yet??

On 4-Oct-2006, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

"Glenn" wrote in message
om...
Cooking indoors with gas or fire (except with a fireplace) is extremely
dangerous and can kill you. On gas stoves they recommend that you use an

exhaust fan.

Regular gas stoves? That's some recommendation, since the so-called
"exhaust
fan" in most homes does nothing but hoist the air right back into the
room.

"Most" might be the operative word, but mine, at least, is vented through
the roof. Indoor grilling on a castiron grill pan over a strong gas burner
works pretty well. But it produces a lot of smoke and other airborne
polutants. I do it anyway as I usually cook only a single steak. It doesn't
take long and avoids the aggravating startup of my outdoor charcoal grill.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)