Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Hunter Ceiing Fan Junk

On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 12:47:45 GMT, mstrspy wrote:

I recently purchased the Hunter Ceiling Fan model that flush mounts to
the ceiling. What a piece of junk. There was absolutely no way that
you could secure the motor such that it wouldn't rock in the mount.
Just hangs in a slot.
I returned it to Home deopt and got a Hampton Bay. The Hamton Bay was
(1) Less Money than the Hunter
(2) Easier to install
(3) Looks better
(4) Secure and doesn't rock or sway

I am really dissapointed in Hunter Fans. I have one in my porch that I
installed 15 years ago and it is great. Aparently Hunter must have a
design engineer who is looking to cut corners to save money. They will
go out of business if they keep this up.

I bought an el cheapo fan at Home Depot for $10. It looks great, has
a light and has been running for 8 years without wobble, noise, or
operation. I also have a Hunter fan (paid $80+35 for the lamp kit)
for it--the parts are beefier but you really can't tell unless you
look closely. The tough part is the proper installation. The
Casablanca fans came with the house and they have worked for over 13
years. Maybe your fan is not balanced?