Posted to rec.woodworking,rec.crafts.woodturning
Taunt Taunt is offline

Default Review Update: Delta 16" VS Lathe - PM/Jet VFD Info (long)

OOPS, On the 2nd link, that type is used on a cnc converted machine
using a computer for the readout.

Taunt wrote:
There's a few types out there, being sold to the hobby machine
shop/hobby cnc people. Here's a link or two:

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...ProductID=1684

http://cnc4pc.com/Index_Pulse_Card.htm

Jack

Troy wrote:

oh ok.. I was just wondering....
since your an et guy I've got a question for you. I've been wondering
how difficult/costly it would be to add a digital readout to the
unit. I realize this would have to be a interpolated reading since
we're varing the speed analog instead of digitally as you are using.
And of course what benefit would I truly gain other then it looks
pretty. Yes I have a degree in electronics but I'm rusty as heck. My
degree was focus'd more towards computer repair/engineering then the
analog world, and I never did quite get the analog down. My X was
just the opposite. She got the analog but never the digital... go figure.

Troy

DGG wrote:

Troy said:

OK - I didn't bother to look up your model number, but I believe that
Jet Variable Frequency Drive units have model numbers ending with EVS.
The DC motor versions, like the VS mini lathe do NOT use this VFD.

Now that I think about it, that is the lathe that I replaced with the
Delta. Totally different animals. The 1014 uses a DC motor and PWM
driver. The VFD controllers cost more than an entire Jet mini. ;-)

My bad...